Thursday, February 14, 2013

Change



http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu9k2pke141qf7aft.jpg 

"Look at this as a blessing in disguise" -Ashland

Change happens all the time. There is change in our lives every single day and we must accept it in order to move forward. Change has happened in my life recently. Being away from my family and friends during this change was difficult but during the process of this change I made new friends.

I have been debating how exactly I'm going to address this change to the interwebs. As most of you know I'm a social media butterfly and constantly share my life to the internet world. I have this blog, I have a YouTube channel and always update my personal FaceBook page. After a long time of going back and forth in my mind I decided to write a blog.

Since the beginning of the Disney College Program I instilled a lot of trust in a lot of people. Even thought I had just met people I put my trust in them. That was a big mistake. 

I'm not going to get into specifics but basically the people I called my friends betrayed me. I have never felt so betrayed in my entire life. The pain of that betrayal is indescribable. My heart literally hurt and my usually non-crying self was uncontrollably crying through the quiet apartment halls at 3:30AM. This was not a normal cry this was a I can't breathe because I am so upset cry. 
I was grasping for air while tears streamed down my face as I raced up to my friend's apartment. He stayed up with me for 2 hours as I ugly cried and explained everything that happened. He comforted me and gladly let me sleep on his couch.

A couple days after the incident I ended up going to the programs office and that's when I met Ashland. Ashland works in the DCP programs office in the apartment building. She's an intern and has done the program before. We talked and she told me, "Look at this [situation] as a blessing in disguise." That really opened my eyes and made me think differently about the whole situation. 

The week following the incident didn't get any better. There was a moment during that week that I decided I wanted to go home and leave the program but my friends wouldn't let me. These group of friends stuck by my side during this whole fiasco and were there for me every step of the way. They sat with me the night I wanted to leave DCP and convinced me that this is where I need to be.  I love them for that and I'm glad I'm still here.

After much couch hopping I eventually decided to change apartments. I am now in a new apartment with 4 wonderful ladies. Since the moment they found out I was going to be their new roommate they were so very welcoming and sweet. I feel so much love here and there is a great feeling in the air every time I walk in.

It's crazy how quickly things have changed. I have dealt with a lot so far in the Disney College Program but it has made me stronger and opened my eyes to a lot of things. The fiasco was truly a blessing in disguise. It may sound crazy but I am glad all of this has happened because I now know who my true friends are. I met Ashland who is there for me and has my best interest in mind. I also have learned a lot of life lessons. 

Now it is time to move on with my life and enjoy every moment of this internship. 


No comments:

Post a Comment