Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 10 in the Disney College Program!


Today marks my 10th day in the program. I have seriously never huged so many people in my entire life. I hug people who are in the program all day every day. Even people I had just met on check-in. We hug here at the Disney College Program and I love it.

This program has already been a roller coaster of emotions but I'm loving every single minute of it. The first 7 days I couldn't eat due to nerves, tears, fear, stress, excitement, joy, disbelief, love, magic, and friendships. Starting day 8 my body was ready to begin eating normally again and I have been eating like crazy ever since. :) 

I'm not a crier but on night 3 of the program I was absolutely hysterical in my apartment. Due to events I wasn't having a good night at all and I was uncontrollably crying which is very odd for me. The thing that most surprised me was during my break down I didn't want to leave the program. The thought of leaving never crossed my mind. I was missing my sister a lot and wished she was by my side supporting me during my rough night but I never contemplated going home. That is the one thing that baffles me. I don't want to go home. It's not like I don't miss my family and friends but I love being here. I feel like this is where I need to be and I am going to take in every second of this program while I'm here and make this one of the best experiences of my life.

I just have to say I freaking love my roommates!!!!!! I love every single one of them and I couldn't have been placed with a better group of girls. The picture at the beginning of this post is of all my roomies and I together enjoying a delicious pancake breakfast courtesy of Sarah. From left to right: Linnea from Massachusetts, Sarah from Texas, Me, Mae from Chicago, and Colleen from New Orleans. I am living with such a great mix of girls and I love everything about them. They are all extremely supportive and my own therapists who listen to my issues and give advice.

It feels like I have been here at least a month. I can't wait to see what my future holds. My first official day of training begins today. Below are pictures of my adventure so far and a link to my first YouTube video in the program. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment